- IBM Containers
- SydneyGermanyUnited KingdomUS South
We’re excited to announce that Kubernetes 1.7 is available for IBM Bluemix Container Service. You can now update your Kubernetes master and worker nodes to the latest supported version of Kubernetes by using either the Bluemix dashboard or the command-line interface. To get the most from the V1.7 features, you must enable those features after you update. Before you update, review the Kubernetes versions to determine whether there are any changes that you might need to make to your deployments to avoid downtime for your apps.
What you get:
What you get:
- Updates can be done either in the user interface or the command-line interface.
- There is minimal downtime. cloud-native apps will not have any downtime. However, you cannot modify the cluster for 5-15 minutes.
- Patch updates for the Kubernetes master happens automatically. You choose when to update the patch level for your worker nodes.
- Notifications are received in the user interface and command-line interface when updates are available for your cluster.
- You get Calico v2.4.1, which is now deployed as a Kubernetes hosted daemon set, Kubernetes add-on manager v6.4, Kubernetes dashboard v1.6.3, Kubernetes DNS 1.14.4, Kubernetes heapster v1.4.1
- Plan how you want to make use of the new features. See the Kubernetes 1.7: Security Hardening, Stateful Application Updates and Extensibility article.
- Review the deprecation list of Kubernetes features:
- Review the Kubernetes ChangeLog to see how your favorite features are affected
- Pick when you want to update both the master and the worker nodes. For the master, you will have several minutes when you cannot modify the cluster, but your deployed pods will remain active.
- Complete the update steps in the Updating the Kubernetes master topic within the platform documentation.